×

Thar Desert: Jaisalmer

December 17, 2015
Time: 9.45 pm

Thar Desert: Jaisalmer

As there is nothing much to write about stock market, I write something about a city which I visited.

This city Jaisalmer is in the Thar desert area. Before visiting, I thought of Sand dunes everywhere like what we see in movies.

Contrary to my expectation, the city was nice, even agriculture is taking place in this part.

We stayed in a hotel one night and in a desert camp one night.

I liked the buildings in this city. Every house is an architectural wonder.

Here are some photos of the hotel where we stayed.







It is not only this hotel, every house is build like this.

All the houses are built with a stone available in that area which is gold in colour. That is why this city is called Golden City.

Another wonder is the Fort of Jaisalmer.
This is a huge Fort where apart from King's family, 5000 more people lived.
There are temples, houses, many streets inside the Fort.




We went for a camel ride to see the sunset in the evening and desert safari in a jeep in the morning to see the sun rise.





Staying in Desert Camp was a nice experience. We stayed in a camp called "Chirag Desert Camp"



A nice thing apart from all above is that we did not pay even a single rupee for this trip. One of my brother's student, a Congress leader in Jaisalmer offered everything free for us. The hotel as well as desert camp is owned by him. He did not allow us to pay for our breakfast, lunch, dinner, camel ride, desert safari etc.

The total bill for my group, my family and one of my friend's family, would have been more than Rs 30000.

Such a nice student to whom my brother did not even teach, he was in a hostel which was looked after by my brother. He was my in my brother's school about 15 years before.

Comments

Post a Comment